Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Helium Health is seeking a Chief Operating Officer to join our executive management team and
oversee the operational processes of our fast-growing company.
The COO will ensure that the company has proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency during an exciting time of growth and expansion across different African countries.
Currently the #1 electronic medical records provider in West Africa, we are on a mission to accelerate Africa’s transition to technology and data-driven healthcare sector.
Set to be the backbone of healthcare in the region, Helium Health is providing technology, connecting stakeholders and making data actionable across the entire ecosystem and consequently needs to create the proper structures to be able to meet this unique challenge.
What You Will Do:
● Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and
● Oversee daily operations of the company.
● Establish policies and procedures that promote company culture and vision.
● Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement
organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
● Drive the company’s operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction and retention, and
● Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture
ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met.
● Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management,
● Assessing and implementing improved processes and new technologies, and collaborating with
management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
● Assist the CFO with financial projections and analyses of existing programs and policies.
● Helm budgeting and resource allocation efforts alongside the other C-level executives and the
senior management team.
What We’re Looking For
● 5+ years of experience in executive leadership positions
● Proven experience as Chief Operating Officer or relevant role.
● Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field from an accredited
college/university or related. Master’s degree in business or related field is also preferred.
● Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
● Five years of experience managing a complex enterprise’s human resources, finances, operations and strategies.
● Outstanding verbal and written skills, and experience working with staff on all levels.
● Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues.
● Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity.
● A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics.
● Proven ability to develop strong relationships and partner with internal stakeholders to
develop strategies and execute with excellence.
● Self-starter with strong management and leadership skills. Significant business acumen.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and CV/Resume to email@example.com with subject: Chief Operating