Job Title: Controller
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer & Chief Financial Officer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Helium Health is seeking a Controller to be primarily responsible for establishing financial policies,
procedures, controls, and reporting systems of the company. While keenly overseeing the overall
accounting process, the Controller will play a key role in developing and implementing financial
procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the company during an exciting time of
growth and expansion across different African countries.
Currently the #1 electronic medical records provider in West Africa, we are on a mission to accelerate
Africa’s transition to technology and data-driven healthcare sector. Set to be the backbone of
healthcare in the region, Helium Health is providing technology, connecting stakeholders and making
data actionable across the entire ecosystem.
What You Will Do:
● Providing and management of the finance and accounting team.
● Providing strategic recommendations to members of the executive management team.
● Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
● Developing finance organisational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
● Monitoring and confirming the financial condition by conducting audits and providing
information to external auditors.
● Complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
● Advising on long-term business and financial planning.
● Identifying and addressing financial risks and opportunities for the company.
● Effectively and clearly communicating potential risks in a timely manner.
● Ensuring full transparency over the financial performance of the company.
What We’re Looking For
● 7+ years of experience as a Financial Controller.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field (MBA is a plus) from an accredited
college/university or related.
● Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
● Experience with creating financial statements.
● Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software.
● An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
● Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner.
● Proven negotiation skills.
● Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and CV/Resume to email@example.com with the subject: Controller