We all have lofty goals and aspirations.
To become our own boss.
To be a role model for the younger generation.
To improve people’s lives.
Adaku Omidosu has accomplished all three.
She was the first Deputy Senior Prefect of Dority International Secondary School and an active student who featured regularly in debate competitions.
After graduating from D.l.S.S in 1997, Adaku earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Port Harcourt.
Adaku Omidosu speaking at The American University in Cairo, Egypt
She has worked at
- Chevron Nigeria (Facilities Engineering Unit), 2003
- Diamond Bank Securities (Accounts Department), 2004
- ThreeSearch Nigeria (Lead Researcher), 2008
- Ipas Nigeria, United Nations Women (Research Analyst), 2012
She is currently
- Awardee, OXFAM Enterprise Development Center
- Mentor, Women in Management, Business and Public Service (WIMBIZ)
- Fellow, African Women Entrepreneurship Co-operative (AWEC)
- Finalist, The Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders
- CEO, Meadow Foods Nigeria Limited
Adaku Omidosu talks about her agri-business, Meadow Foods
Adaku Omidosu is passionate about reducing hunger. Her company, Meadow Foods, gives local farmers in Akwa Ibom State low interest loans and access to markets.
She’s constructing a 30-tonne per week cassava processing plant and plans to expand her company’s operations to Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea.
For her trailblazing achievements at Dority International Secondary School, her commendable efforts to increase Nigeria’s food supply and her inspiring words to the current generation of Dority students, Adaku Omidosu is our April Alumna of the Month.