“He made straight As,” Mrs Zovannah Onumah said.
She was referring to Chike Ukaegbu’s WAEC result.
I was in her office with Okechukwu Onye and we were talking about D.I.S.S Alumni members around the world.
Chike Ukaegbu’s name came up and you could tell from the smile on Mrs Onumah’s face that she was proud of him.
After graduating from Dority International Secondary School in 2000, Chike Ukaegbu studied at the University of Lagos for two years before enrolling in the City College of New York, where he studied Biomedical Engineering from 2003 to 2008.
He earned an Executive Leadership Certificate from Cornell University, New York (2013), a Master of Business Administration from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (2014) and became a graduate of Stanford University’s Venture Capital Executive Program (2016).
Chike Ukaegbu speaking to students of D.I.S.S and I.E.L.C
Chike has been:
- A Fellow of Colin Powell Center for Leadership and Public Policy (2004-2007)
- Entrepreneurship Instructor, Bank Street College of Education (2010-2012)
- Adjunct Lecturer, City College of New York (2008-2015)
- Entrepreneur in Residence, City College of New York (2014-2015)
- The Founder, Startup52
- Creator and Chief Analyst, EduEngageology
- Founder, HEROES Model Initiative
- President and CEO, Re:LIFE Incorporated
- Engineer, Research Foundation of The City University of New York
- Founder, The Entrepreneurship and Education Leadership Fund (EELF)
CNN’s Zain Asher interviewing Chike Ukaegbu
Chike Ukaegbu was the presidential candidate of the Advanced Allied Party in the February 23 election.
He garnered 8,902 votes to place 24th out of 72 candidates; getting more votes than former Minister of Finance, Oby Ezekwesili, and popular evangelical pastor, Chris Okotie.
In 2018, Chike was named one of 100 Most Influential People of African Descent Under 40. The Mayor of New York, Bill de Blasio, has praised his work.
Although his WAEC result was great, that’s not Chike’s Ukaegbu’s most impressive achievement. D.I.S.S has been producing brilliant students for the past 22 years.
Chike’s most impressive achievement was transferring his excellence in the classroom to the real world and taking the time to nurture and mentor young people.
For his brilliance in the academic field, boldness on the world stage and commitment to Dority International Secondary School, Chike Ukaegbu is our March Alumnus of the Month.