One hundred and fifty students, from SS1 to SS3, assembled at the Dority International Secondary School auditorium on May 17, 2019.
Emeka Chibuike took the podium. Ten minutes after he started speaking, the students became excited and cheered him on.
Emeka always had a knack for getting people’s attention. As a student of D.I.S.S, he participated in a lot of debates and science competitions.
He wasn’t just a brilliant student, he was also a funny guy who knew how to make others laugh.
After graduating from Dority in 1998, he obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology and Biochemistry from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka and a Master’s degree in Industrial and Commercial Biotechnology from Newcastle University, United Kingdom.
- Nigeria’s representative at the 1998 International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) at Fort Worth, Texas.
- United Nations Peer Educator Trainer on reproductive health and HIV/AIDS prevention, Katsina State (2006)
- Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Overseas Scholarship Scheme Awardee (2008)
- Resource Person, Cambridge-MIT Enterprisers Program (2010)
- Resource Person, Agropreneurship Workshop, Niger Delta University (2018)
He’s currently the head of the best scientific laboratory in Nigeria, Advanced Bioresource Laboratories, Bioresources Development Center, Bayelsa State.
Emeka Chibuike is passionate about self-development and self-actualization and has given numerous seminars on entrepreneurship and self-development. His speech to D.I.S.S students in May was so informative, that a teacher took notes of it for future reference.