Emeka Ochu’s confidence is captivating.
When you’re around him, you believe that anything is possible: goals can be achieved, problems solved and challenges overcome.
That unwavering confidence has propelled him to the top of his profession.
After graduating from Dority International Secondary School in 2001, he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from Abia State University (2004), a Master of Science degree in Energy Economics from the University of Aberdeen (2009) and a Master of Public Administration degree in Economic Policy Management from Columbia University, New York (2019).
Emeka Ochu with the Regional Director for Africa, United Nations Development Programme
He has worked as
- Funds Transfer Officer, First City Monument Bank (2006-2007)
- Senior Banking Executive, First Bank (2008)
He is currently
- Member, Nigerian Economics Society
- Member, Energy Institute, United Kingdom
- Member, International Association for Energy Economics
- Director, Alumni Affairs, Columbia University Program in Economic Policy Management
- Energy Research Assistant, Columbia University Center on Global Energy Policy
- Research Economist, Central Bank of Nigeria
- Deputy Manager, Central Bank of Nigeria
Swiss broadcaster, Dukascopy TV, interviewing Emeka Ochu
He has written and co-authored numerous articles and papers on energy economics, including
- Bridging the Energy Poverty: A Renewable Energy Enterprise for Haiti
- Analysis of Energy Market Conditions in Nigeria
- Electricity Consumption, Exports & Economic Growth: Evidence from Nigeria
Emeka never misses an opportunity to counsel a Dority student and is so proud of D.I.S.S that he visited the school with his wife and son to show them his alma mater.
For his excellence in economics, unquenchable thirst for success and love for Dority International Secondary School, Emeka Ochu is our May Alumnus of the Month.