Engaged in all phases of the software development life cycle that include;
- Gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements,
- Respond to outages and creating application system models.
- Participate in design meetings and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs, and,
- Interact, Integrate, and Direct, third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives.
Academic Qualifications and Work Experience –
A bachelor’s degree in a related area such as Computer Science, Data Analytics, and 3 – 5 years of demonstrable work experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude required. Previous recent work on Learning Management Systems (LMS) is a plus.
Reporting to theProject leader, Coordinator, or Manager.
- Develop, test and implement new software programs
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Design and update software database. This includes, but not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Independently install, customize and integrate commercial software packages
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Development of technical specifications and plans
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
Top skills & proficiencies:
- General Programming Skills – High degree of proficiency in languages such as Python, Ruby, PHP, Java, etc will be an added advantage
- Full Stack proficiency is a plus – UI/UX and Backend Development
- Software Design
- Software Debugging
- Software Documentation
- Software Testing
- Problem Solving
- Training & Knowledge Transfer – Teach users (internal & external) on the product.
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Process
Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org